• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I've got questions, I hope someone has answers.

NC420

Apr 15, 2005
Tobacco Fields
I was just wondering if I could make a dual antenna beam on my car using the existing wilson 100 and maybe a 102" whip on the back? This would'nt be a permanent set up, just something I can set up and take down easily. How would I go about tuning the set up, and how far apart would it all need to be?

well 420 i was told that if you have two antennas you need them 6 feet or more apart. Dont know why. Should have payed attention more to the post. :D But i hope this answers one of your questions!

You need 2 of the same antennas to do it properly...
6' spacing at least...
id recommend 2 P10K antennas not the w1000 or a 102...

AM POWER

I kind of thoght I would need 2 of the same ants. I already have 1 hoe in the car, and I don't want to make my roof look like swiss cheese, so I was thinking if puting together somthing off the back of the car to mount a second ant. when parked.

LOL you are to funny. Well dont feel bad 420 i have 3 holes in my car. 2 on the roof and one on the trunk. But now i cant drive around any more because me neighbor calls the cops on me. And they hide behind a building so i cant see them. Haven't cought me yet. :LOL: But i also dont wanna get my liscens taken away till im 20. :cry: (thought i would share my story since i am bored) o well so back to the topic.

CDX197 said:
LOL you are to funny. Well dont feel bad 420 i have 3 holes in my car. 2 on the roof and one on the trunk. But now i cant drive around any more because me neighbor calls the cops on me. And they hide behind a building so i cant see them. Haven't cought me yet. :LOL: But i also dont wanna get my liscens taken away till im 20. :cry: (thought i would share my story since i am bored) o well so back to the topic.
You dont want your licenes taken away till your 20 :?: Why do you want them taken away, when you turn 20 :?: This is weird...Most dont want to loose them at all :!:

Jesse must study more on this subject. This is new to Jesse...

linearone said:
back to the point did you try the grounded 8 foot whip idea?

Haven't tried it yet. Got some scrap steel together to rig up a mount off the rear of the car. I'll maybe have somthing rigged up by the end of the week.

197, why your neighbors call cops on you? If you aren't doing anything wrong then you can't get into trouble.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.