• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I've just about had it with Internet Explorer

no better or worse...
Than what ?

Vista or XP

I hear it is faster then both vista and xp and seems more stable

Have been running Win 7 Ultimate OEM for about 12 days now on a month old Quad Core build, its pretty much just a polished Vista, yes it is faster then Vista, Not faster then XP on my Quad Core, I'm still running it, have been trying it since early beta, will probably be going back to XP because of the noticeable speed difference and some compatibility issues...

Worth a close look, probably will end up using it permanent one day..

I'm leery of Chrome. I stated earlier that when importing bookmarks from FF none of the other browsers could import the passwords. Not even Seamonkey which is designed by the makers of FF. But Google Chrome was able to get hold of the passwords.
Any other deep dark secrets it's grabbing onto?

Not sure about the meaning of your comment Mack. I am concerned that a browser has the capability to get encrypted passwords from another browser. That to me shows 2 things. The Chrome browser has the capability of being intrusive and given it's security concerns can enable an outside source to manipulate one's computer or sensitive files.
The other thing that concerns me is that FF can be intruded by another browser. That appears to be a security flaw in FF .

Not sure about the meaning of your comment Mack. I am concerned that a browser has the capability to get encrypted passwords from another browser.

Really nothing new here, there are multiple programs which are capable of backing up, displaying, and decrypting passwords saved by most every program/flavor OS.

Bottom Line if your relying upon the security instilled by passwords saved on a PC you should probably not have any sensitive information linked to accounts or information on that pc.

Windows Patch of the week is not a substitute for common sense. For every security hole, bugfix, patch, etc. there are 1000 fat kids with raging hormones trying to find the next way to screw up your PC.

Really nothing new here, there are multiple programs which are capable of backing up, displaying, and decrypting passwords saved by most every program/flavor OS.

Bottom Line if your relying upon the security instilled by passwords saved on a PC you should probably not have any sensitive information linked to accounts or information on that pc.

Windows Patch of the week is not a substitute for common sense. For every security hole, bugfix, patch, etc. there are 1000 fat kids with raging hormones trying to find the next way to screw up your PC.

So you are saying any account passwords someone might have such as bank, paypal etc. should not be saved to the browser encrypted password section. I can see your point. I never gave it much thought until I encountered Chrome's capability.

Not sure about the meaning of your comment Mack. I am concerned that a browser has the capability to get encrypted passwords from another browser. That to me shows 2 things. The Chrome browser has the capability of being intrusive and given it's security concerns can enable an outside source to manipulate one's computer or sensitive files.
The other thing that concerns me is that FF can be intruded by another browser. That appears to be a security flaw in FF .
It was'nt a personal stab, I just meant what else is chrome probing and gathering information from at the end user.

It was'nt a personal stab, I just meant what else is chrome probing and gathering information from at the end user.
No problem. Your question does make me wonder given all the privacy concerns people have had about Google . A couple issues are troubling. First the exec. files for Chrome are not write protected which can give anyone access including Google. This is how they update without user permission. Then the upfront capability to decrypt passwords from another browser. Makes one wonder about the privacy and security involved with this browser .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.