• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ivory guitar pick

You just KNOW I am going to say Google it don't you? :D I did. Found several places you can get them or get blanks and make your own. The ivory however is either walrus tusk or prehistoric wooly mammoth tusk. There is a law prohibiting trading in ivory from such sources as elephant.

:oops:Crap. Forgot to post the Google link before closed the browser window. Sorry. :whistle:

Last edited:
You just KNOW I am going to say Google it don't you? :D I did. Found several places you can get them or get blanks and make your own. The ivory however is either walrus tusk or prehistoric wooly mammoth tusk. There is a law prohibiting trading in ivory from such sources as elephant.

:oops:Crap. Forgot to post the Google link before closed the browser window. Sorry. :whistle:

Ah yes I too have seen faux ivory. I own a real ivory cigarette tip. Yes that's right. I want the real deal no faux.
Edit, no one mentioned money ie trade. "Want". Well I will pick up a mammoth pick for now.

Walrus tusk and wooly mammoth tusks ARE REAL IVORY. When I said about the law prohibiting TRADE in elephant ivory I was talking about TRADE as in BUSINESS. Elephant ivory cannot be bought or sold or traded for goods etc.

Ivory is ivory is ivory. You asked for ivory. You did not ask for elephant ivory. Bad juju trying to get that. Rates right up there with gorilla palms and rhino horns.

The actual chemical composition is the same whether it be from elephant,walrus, narwhal, mammoth or even a pig's tooth. :blink: I had to look that one up but it's true. :laugh: The chemical composition of dentene, which is what ivory is, is the same for any mammal.

The actual chemical composition is the same whether it be from elephant,walrus, narwhal, mammoth or even a pig's tooth. :blink: I had to look that one up but it's true. :laugh: The chemical composition of dentene, which is what ivory is, is the same for any mammal.

Shh no one has to know the pick is mammoth and not elephant tusk. Everyone wins. :)

Sent from my Galaxy note 2 on Verizon 4G LTE.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated