• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

JC PENNEY model #6237

Bad quartz crystal. The crystals are arranged with one set of six. Each one of this set covers four channels, except the highest one. Covers only 21,22 and 23.

Don't have a way to look up the exact frequency of the crystal you need. I'll try to remember next time I'm at work.

7 I had no idea crystals could go bad like thAt but it sounds logical after everything ive checked and cleaned and resoldered.. thanks

See the attached. Courtesy of Lou Franklin.

David

Attachments

• SSB 7766-14907-14904-2RX.pdf
    22.3 KB · Views: 12
My ssb pinto was thought to have ahad a crystal gone bad or a dirty channel dial from loss of channels 21 to 23 that turned out to be socket for the driver crystal.
2 tiny peices of copper wire soldered in place of the old traces was needed to fix the problem

Reactions: Dmans

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.