• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

JC Penny Pinto SSB 23 Channel

Will do.

Could somebody give me a brief explanation of how the sidebands work? I found that if I use channel 8 (where all the action was) I can flip it to LSB and fine tune it to hear them normally, or turn it all the way to the right and make them sound like aliens. I wasn't able to hear anything using USB.

It took me a while to figure this thing out, at first I thought it didn't work because I couldn't hear anything with the squelch all the way down, but then I realized the squelch on this radio runs opposite than my Unidens and Cobras. It has to be turned all the way clockwise to hear stuff, and you turn it counterclockwise to squelch'em out.

I have one of these complete and NIB, here is the schematic from the manual. I have highlighted the plug wiring for you.
jcpenny_schematic2.jpg

Dude!! Yikes !! I had a mobile Pinto 23 back in the 70's too. what a little piece of shit ha ha ha....those were the days c'mon
interview.gif

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.