• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Jeep'ers will understand

W5LZ

Crotchety Old Bastard
Apr 8, 2005
Oklahoma
attachment.php

Attachments

• jeepers.jpg
    jeepers.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 331
Reactions: 3 people

Haters can say what they want about the YJ's, but my rig has gone everywhere the newer and more built up rigs have gone and in some cases...where they couldn't. Nice CJ btw :)

Look at that flex.

Mackenzieravine050-1.jpg

Mackenzieravine010.jpg
]

She's far from being a pavement princess.
yj.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't say I hated them. Just didn't like them much. I've had just about every rendition of Jeep over the years. My last new purchases were my wife's 02 TJ Sport and my 03 Rubicon.

I recently sold my XJ, which I must say was my favorite vehicle of all time. My wife still has the TJ and a 98 XJ. I kept each one stock, except adding front and rear lockers.

I've never owned a street queen either. All my 4x4's were rode hard from day one.

I don't care for the new Wrangler style at all. Side impact requirements just ruined the look as far as I'm concerned. I think the new 4 door ones are absolutely hideous.

CJ: The classic

YJ: Square headlights vs. Round headlights? Really? We can't argue about the crap 4 bangers?

TJ: Takes some work to Man it up.

JK: Disgrace. 4 doors? Gettin a little soft are we Jeep?

FJ: The best

OJ: Killer

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. My first car was a 3-speed 1971 Commando & was a perfect fit for the mountainous place where I grew: it had very few paved roads. Jeeps (& a few Rovers) were used to haul sacks full of coffee beans, bananas, tobacco & sugar cane crops thru ravines & hills of red clay. It was no fun until it started to rain & 4WD was needed. There was no insta-track: we had to do a complete stop, play with reverse gear & step out to engage front hubs. Wash it on Sundays to go with girlfriend (& her family) to church. The detail from a posted action picture that I liked the most is what appears like a full sized whip (1/4 ~), and those monster tires (old military treads were my only option). I wish AMC was still alive to make Jeeps. Chrysler has managed to keep the Jeep culture alive thru its endless utilities, but modernization appears to chip away at old revered rugeddness.

I had the 4 squirrels in mine when I bought it. Only thing left original in the drive line is the front D30. Swapped in a 8.8 with disks and posi from a 97 Exploder when i blew up the spiders in the D35 with the 4 banger. Then the syncros blew up in the AX-5 so out with that and in with an AX-15 out of a 99 Cherokee. Figured while i was at it i yanked out the 4 banger and dropped in a nice 4.3L Vortec V6 from a 98 Chevy pickup. Drives like it should now with plenty of power. Still had a few things to tie up but it fits in with plenty of room to spare.

Jeep009.jpg

Looks like yall have some nice places to ride ! My square headlight remark was purely in jest no harm ment.

The cj 5 would flex nicely. soa with 33's.

The cj 7 was a mud rig. 450 hp 385.ci chevy. 9" hi pinion rear 44 up front. It would pretty good for 40" tires but would roll over and play dead or a real trail.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.