• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

JJD's Burb.

jessejamesdallas

Apr 4, 2005
Republic of Texas
Just finished up-grading the ol'Burb...New 55's, Galaxy 99, LMR 400, and 3/ 300 AMP Alternators from Iraggi Alternator, K&N Air Filter Kit, and a MLA Module that controls the alternators to work together and not fight each other...
55sd.jpg

55s2.jpg

Hank Breedlove Ball Mount's and backing plates...
mountsu.jpg

altao.jpg

alt1.jpg

altz.jpg

altx.jpg

Decided to get a HD Belt from Gates and re-did how the charge wires are connected to the front battery...
14115538.jpg

30265426.jpg

box1g.jpg

boxp.jpg

Volt meter I got off eBay for a Buck!
vmeter.jpg

vmeter1.jpg

The MLA Module also adds about one volt to the alternators output, so that's why the 15v on the LED volt meter...

The Palstar Meter on top of the radio is fried...After I got everything hooked up, I forgot about the 15v's I was now getting from the alternators, so when I fired up the 8-pill, it pegged the Palstar in the corner! Now it only reads up-to 100w's...Checked the set-up on my Dosy, and it shows my 8-pill to be swinging about 2200w's...and it reads low.

Just as well...was planning on up-grading the Palstar anyway to a Bird, because the next thing to go in the Burb will be a 32-pill Davemade...and some 217 coax...:D

Last edited:

Out of curiousity; how much $$$ have you invested in this so far?
Since you've added the twin Birds, this setup looks mucho caliente...
...Oh....All of it!:D

Actually, I was adding it up the other day, and so far over 2K...Hate to think what it would have cost if I had someone else do all the work!

And haven't even ordered the Big Box yet! Hopefully, that will be done in the next few weeks...

Last edited:
Since I was off work today because of all the snow, I decided to re-do how I had my Charge wires hooked-up to the battery....I didn't like having all those heavy cables hooked to the side terminal of the battery, so I got a Plastic Electrical Box and a 3/4" Brass Bolt to use as a Distribution Box...So now the 4/0 Cable running to the back battery's, and the 3 Alternator charge wires all are hooked up to the bolt, with just one Charge wire out to the front battery...Now just the charge wire off the Distribution Box, and the Starter wire is connected to the side post...Much cleaner looking, and less stress on the terminal.

Before:
11111tr.jpg

After:
box1g.jpg

boxp.jpg

JJD , you big dummy !!!!!
dont you know that dual antennas are supposed to be mounted low on the rear corner pannels !!! putting them up high in the air like that you might break the legal maxium 155.3 mile FCC talking distance !!!!

;)

JJD , you big dummy !!!!!
dont you know that dual antennas are supposed to be mounted low on the rear corner pannels !!! putting them up high in the air like that you might break the legal maxium 155.3 mile FCC talking distance !!!!

;)

Yep I know...But since everyone's been giving my little buddy down there in the Dome such a hard time, he has quit posting on all the Forums, so I couldn't ask him how to "get'er-done", so I had to settle on a roof mount!:LOL:

Wonder how that Davemade "Rod of God" would work mounted on the back fender's? Have to have two tho...One for each side. (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.