• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

JL Audio cable sucks.

Just wanted to let you all know...if you plan on buying this stuff go at last one size larger than what you think you need.

Maybe more...

I bought a couple feet of 4AWG and it looks more like 8 gauge to me. Tiny :roll:

Better to stick with the welding cable if you can buy it locally.

:x

we use JL Audio cables
and equipment all the time
for car installs for years

i disagree
i know it is good

ofcourse
there is always better

Go ahead....disagree until you're blue in the face. The JL Audio cable sold as 4 AWG....is not 4 AWG....not even close.

Disagreeing because you peddle the product won't change the facts.

Perhaps this is good quality cable. Perhpas it's the best cable in the world. I don't know, and I don't care. It ain't worth a hoot if it's not the size they sell it as.

i can care less what you want to or not want to buy
their 4 guage is just that

is not my opionon
is fact...

i am not peddling it
you will notice i have never told where i work

i keep here seperate with my store

However i am known throughout metro ny/nj area by many
i need not your agreeance...lol

i can care less about the systems the kids get hooked up
they think big speakers and claimed high wattage amps is the answer

just as many on this forum think one needs 500 to 2000 watt amps to talk far
(and in using those heavy supposed amps they neglect caps,
better batteries and better alternators)

oh and i have been doing this for 28 yrs..

anyways
have a good day..

i wasted too much time on this item...lol

"Peddling it" was referencing you selling it in your store....I didn't say anything about selling stuff here.

I don't care if you've been doing it for 1000 years...brag to someone else because you obviously have not the foggiest notion as to how stranded wire gauges are calculated. It's really not that hard.....but you'll have to learn from someone else 'cause you're too dang stubborn for me.

I'm no dummy BTW....I install generators in size up to a few megawatts for a living. I've learned to know conductors fairly well over the decades.

To each his own...

You know I have 4awg JL wire in my truck and I was looking at it one day thinking it doesn't look right.

So I found me a piece of 4awg welding cable and the conductor was the same size. I think because of JL's oversized insulation it makes it look like the conductor is not as big as it should be. :D

995 said:
Just wanted to let you all know...if you plan on buying this stuff go at last one size larger than what you think you need.

Maybe more...

I bought a couple feet of 4AWG and it looks more like 8 gauge to me. Tiny :roll:

Better to stick with the welding cable if you can buy it locally.

:x

If you saw the cable when you bought it and it didnt look big enough. Then why did you buy it???

Coalburner said:
You know I have 4awg JL wire in my truck and I was looking at it one day thinking it doesn't look right.

So I found me a piece of 4awg welding cable and the conductor was the same size. I think because of JL's oversized insulation it makes it look like the conductor is not as big as it should be. :D

I got fooled by that once myself. I said NO WAY was that 4 ga. cable. Then I pulled out the wire guage and guess what. It was. The thick insulation made the wire look smaller.

QRN said:
I got fooled by that once myself. I said NO WAY was that 4 ga. cable. Then I pulled out the wire guage and guess what. It was. The thick insulation made the wire look smaller.

I can see this happening....but I can't believe for one second you folks can be talking about the same cable as me. No freaking way.

karo said:
I think the dumbass is using it for power cable.

Karo....you better go check yourself before slinging your crap.

It is power cable. "JL Audio" is a brand.

I just love it when someone butts there head into what they do not comprehend and starts out with name calling.

Go look in the dang mirror before you start calling someone a dumbass.

Besides what is the differance,4 guage power cable or 4 guage speaker cable. It is all the same cable inside the insulation. :roll: Some audiophiles may tell you differant but that is where they reveal themselves as not audiophiles but audiophools. :p

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.