• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

John Boy

No kidding. Definitely no loose jewellery or even long shirt sleeves to get snagged. I don't own a long sleeved shirt anyway. ALWAYS check and recheck meter settings before connecting leads and preferably connect leads and THEN apply power. Remove power THEN disconnect leads. ALWAYS check the quality of your meter leads too for dried or cracked insulation and for God's sake do not use regular meter leads. I make my own from 10 Kv HV wire as a minimum. I have one set that is 15 Kv rated. I always stop and think what I am doing and don't want anybody around as a distraction when working on something like that. Many times I have sat with a yeah yeah yeah look on my face waiting for my wife to finish telling me something before I check high voltage as I simply do NOT want any distractions. She might be a registered nurse but I don't need to see how good her CPR skills are. LOL
Connect leads then apply power sounds like a great idea!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.