1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Just brought home a tea berry stalker two. I’d like to expand the channels.Is this one that the empt

Discussion in 'CB Radio Modifications' started by donny dobbs, Oct 20, 2018.

1. donny dobbs

donny dobbs New Member

Can I wire the spot between 22 and 23 for 22a ? Any channel mods would be appreciated . I’m just cleaning switches at this point. Sounds like I may be capacitor swapping. Quite an old cb!

2. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

That frequency is now channel 24, 27.235 MHz.

On some radios a simple SPST switch wired around the channel selector would do the trick. Not all radios were the same in this way.

Don't have any specific info on file here.

3. donny dobbs

donny dobbs New Member

i knew they added channels out of sequence . From what I read this radio has 5 crystals .I'm sure there are other radios out there using the same setup with info on the net. ill get that wabbit .

4. kopcicle

kopcicle Well-Known Member

5. donny dobbs

donny dobbs New Member

Digital block was the only page I didnt print from cb tricks. Thanks but after going through it I am sure I dont have enough education yet to decipher the code. Also I opened the set and it looks someone previous turned every screw. waiting on a photofact to do some voltage checks. This $50 cb may get expensive. this dream of fourty channels plus sideband may be only a dream.

6. sonoma

sonoma Sr. Member

go over to cbtricks and look at the secret cb book #4 pages 5and 6. it shows a channel mod for the stalker 0ne radio which is the same as the stalker two you have. it may show you what you are wanting to know.

7. 357

357 Walkin' the dog

I got a pal vfo...

not sure if it will work

#7 357, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  8. donny dobbs

donny dobbs New Member

I may take you up on that. I found out yesterday that someone turned every screw in that radio.
    I don’t have the test eq to do a complete alignment on it. I’m gonna go out in the mobile and actually see it it transmits and recurved at a distance.

9. sonoma

sonoma Sr. Member

at least cbtricks has the service manual for that radio if you can find equipment to adjust all the items some one turned . as old as the radio is you sure will need to replace all the electrolytic caps in it to make it work as it should. the 40 channel I have it would not TX or RX properly and after the recap it all started working as it should. it is a nice talking radio.. a friend of mine borrowed it to take a trip and he offered me 200.00 for it he liked it so much.

10. donny dobbs

donny dobbs New Member

We’ll get her done. I’m putting up a serio ground plane today . Gonna start with 20 foot of mast. I’m on a hill and very prone to lightning.
    But your right I got my work cut out for me. I’ll probably borrow a fluke with scope functions and do my best with that.