• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just brought home a tea berry stalker two. I’d like to expand the channels.Is this one that the empt

donny dobbs

Oct 19, 2018
Can I wire the spot between 22 and 23 for 22a ? Any channel mods would be appreciated . I’m just cleaning switches at this point. Sounds like I may be capacitor swapping. Quite an old cb!

That frequency is now channel 24, 27.235 MHz.

On some radios a simple SPST switch wired around the channel selector would do the trick. Not all radios were the same in this way.

Don't have any specific info on file here.

i knew they added channels out of sequence . From what I read this radio has 5 crystals .I'm sure there are other radios out there using the same setup with info on the net. ill get that wabbit .

Digital block was the only page I didnt print from cb tricks. Thanks but after going through it I am sure I dont have enough education yet to decipher the code. Also I opened the set and it looks someone previous turned every screw. waiting on a photofact to do some voltage checks. This $50 cb may get expensive. this dream of fourty channels plus sideband may be only a dream.

go over to cbtricks and look at the secret cb book #4 pages 5and 6. it shows a channel mod for the stalker 0ne radio which is the same as the stalker two you have. it may show you what you are wanting to know.

I may take you up on that. I found out yesterday that someone turned every screw in that radio.
I don’t have the test eq to do a complete alignment on it. I’m gonna go out in the mobile and actually see it it transmits and recurved at a distance.

at least cbtricks has the service manual for that radio if you can find equipment to adjust all the items some one turned . as old as the radio is you sure will need to replace all the electrolytic caps in it to make it work as it should. the 40 channel I have it would not TX or RX properly and after the recap it all started working as it should. it is a nice talking radio.. a friend of mine borrowed it to take a trip and he offered me 200.00 for it he liked it so much.

We’ll get her done. I’m putting up a serio ground plane today . Gonna start with 20 foot of mast. I’m on a hill and very prone to lightning.
But your right I got my work cut out for me. I’ll probably borrow a fluke with scope functions and do my best with that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.