• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just found out my end fed does..

Was your 48' pole breaking any rules where you live? If not what can they do? A friend of mine has an antenna in an HOA. They made him take it down once so he put a magnetic antenna on his car and ran the coax into the garage. After he got enough rfi complaints and explained why it was happening they let him put his antenna back up. He is a ham but they probably didn't know it was cb equipment causing the rfi.
I am not living in a HOA type situation and the pole is not connected to any structures so no permit was required for the install. But what was really funny is that they were told that it is a felony for filing a false report. The FAA actually came out to look it over and they left a letter on the door followed by a registered letter in the mail. The letter explained in great detail why the were on the property to do an inspection. I called the FAA and talked to the inspector that left his card. He asked if I had made them angry or did something to them. The answer was no, other than they had a touch light that would turn off and on when talked. That was the only disagreement I have had with any neighbor.
So that was that, they still grouse at me when they see looking like I'm planning a new install. They will have a surprise coming soon. A six meter beam along with a two meter beam on a rotator which I am always going to park pointing a their house.

... ground rod might be rough as the park is picky where I can plant a rod.

The MFJ tuner and Alinco tied together and grounded to the outlet on the wall. The actual rod for the trailer is on the opposite side of the trailer...

It's hard to tell from the pics you posted, but, Depending on the age of the trailer, You may find that the actual ground wire for your trailers electrical system and the NEUTRAL wire (from the elect company) are bonded together.

This is usually done with a jumper in the distribution panel and/or at the "weatherhead" on top of a pole in the drop from the elect companies transformer to your meter. (depending on if you have a 3 or 4 wire service drop).

It's hard to tell from the pics you posted, but, Depending on the age of the trailer, You may find that the actual ground wire for your trailers electrical system and the NEUTRAL wire (from the elect company) are bonded together.

This is usually done with a jumper in the distribution panel and/or at the "weatherhead" on top of a pole in the drop from the elect companies transformer to your meter. (depending on if you have a 3 or 4 wire service drop).

Not bonded. 1972..

Had to check when I did Genny transfer switch install.

Reactions: Tallman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.