• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just installed a 72' end fed and have a few questions.

If I put my ohm meter on the antenna 1 or 2 and the radio input I get no continuity at all. On either Antenna One or antenna two. I do get continuity on bypass one or bypass to and dummy load. For some reason there is no connection between input and .output.
Reason is really simple. It is differential T tuner. :D
I would worry if it show continuity.
Mike

Reactions: Road Squawker
Can you tune your antenna with that box?
Can you post good quality photo of it's insiders?
Area where switch is connected with air capacitor.
Mike

Last edited:
Mike at the risk of sounding stupid which I already feel I am I have to ask you a question. Why this being a differential tuner does it not show continuity between transmitter from the back of the radio and antenna number one or antenna number two while in tuning mode? But while in direct antenna one or two it shows continuity. Thanks
By the way the tuner works but the internal meter sucks.

So to add to my confusion this tuners internal meter which is pretty useless unless you use high power does not work at all unless it has power going to it. I had to reread the manual. so everything is working. Now tomorrow to take the cover off and fix the problems. loose screws, broken wires Etc.
I do appreciate all the help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?