• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just out of curiousity...

KJ4VRQ

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Sep 9, 2013
I found a site the other day that basically listed all frequencies that are known to be used by different government entities. FEMA, Air force, Canadian government etc... I'm still pretty new to HF as I have only had my General for a couple of months now. But, I thought it would be cool to see if I heard anything on these frequencies.

I really didn't hear anything except on two of the 20 meter frequencies for FEMA, it sounded like some kind of digital transmissions. Anybody else ever hear government transmissions?

I heard a radio operator in Grenada describing what he was seeing when we invaded the island back in the 1980's. That was cool. I was a big time shortwave listener back then when I was a teenager. I used to find Numbers stations, and listen to ship to shore. I may have caught some government maritime USCG stuff, but I can't remember. I lost my log years ago. What site did you visit for those frequencies?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated