• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just passed Tech exam

Congratulations, great job!

rylos1sig.gif
</p>

Congratulations on passing the test. You will now find that you are too cheap to buy a new antenna, you will need to build the next couple( because you can do it better an chaeper than some company in Japan).

Have fun and keep on learning so you can hit the HF in a big way.

clublincoln.gif
</p>

Congrats, I have to say for $100 you will not even get much of a used mobile radio in my experience, I think you'd be best off to use the HT until you can build up a couple more hundred then go shopping for a mobile. I think that's you best option, wait till you can spend a little more money you will be happier with the product down the road.

audi0sig.gif

</p>

Hello all,

I just passed my tech exam. Really not too difficult. I found the practice exams on qrz.com to be the most helpful.

Anyway, I just picked up a Vertex VX-150 handheld, and am thinking about getting a mobile as well. Do any of you know any good sites to buy equipment besides hamradio.com? I would be interested in getting something for around 100 bucks or so.

Thanks for any help

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.