• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just some nutsy "unrelated" thoughts.....

guitar_199,
I feel your pain. I am facing a similar situation. For me it is a right hip and a left thumb joint (yes, that joint can be replaced. Who woulda thought?). These are just the starters as there is more coming.

Getting old is not for Sissies!

God Speed to you!!!

David

Hope everything works our well for you guitar. My mom had knee surgery on both knees at different times. The first one was really rough for her, other knee replacement wasn't too bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: G-Golly Wally
Hope everything works our well for you guitar. My mom had knee surgery on both knees at different times. The first one was really rough for her, other knee replacement wasn't too bad.
Just felt the urge to pop in and say hi. Tomorrow morning.... I go in for the beginning of two "total knee replacements". I'm having the right done first. Don't know what to expect. I have heard "horror stories" .... and I have heard "best thing I ever did". I guess I will report back once I have formed an opinion.
good luck today is my wife's second day she got her right total knee replacement on Monday 6-13 the pain block wore off this morning so far I'm running on 3 hours of sleep surgery was 1 hour so again good luck hope goes well once you get past the pain your good to go

eewww, mods please relocate thread. this has nothing to do with general cb radio discussions.
Welcome to CB!

We discuss EVERYTHING here, from Arthritis to Halitosis, Bunions to Banquet speeches - the whole Left field and Right Foul line - down the middle and in-between - Anything is fair game - including the Umpires!

On behalf of your knee surgery - I can only hope it goes well.

At least the doctor should know what they are doing.

Enjoy your stay, grab some coffee and a snack while you wait out the latest tie-ups and traffic headaches...

Hope all goes well. My wife just had surgery on her right shoulder and wrist last Thursday. After that heals their going to work on the left side. She heard horror stories too, but so far she says it hasn't been to bad. After her then I get to see what's wrong with my shoulders. I keep getting older and things are starting to wear out, but that little voice in my head still sounds the same, I don't guess the little voice ever ages just gets a little wiser, sometimes.

Been there, done that almost two years ago. I am one of those that will say it was the best thing ever. I suffered with chronic pain for over four years before it eventually got the best of me and I ended up going off work with depression. I lost my shit one day at work. Something just wasn't right that morning. I made several mistakes filling out work assignments for the crew and nothing I did myself was right. Was just talking to my supervisor about stuff coming up the following week and I just broke. Told him I couldn't do that shit any more. I think he thought I was quitting on the spot. Two years prior I had a scope on my knee and was nervous as hell going in for it and I was going to be under general anaesthetic. When I had the TKR I was going to be wide awake with a nerve block and fully aware of everything going on. Oh, and I had foolishly watched real surgeries of the entire procedure beforehand, too. When the time came to go to the OR I strutted in like I owned the place and exclaimed "Let's get it done!"That was how bad I was looking forward to it. It has been a game changer for me. I did what I was supposed to do and made out GREAT. I was up and to the bathroom later that same day with a walker of course. I ditched the walker after three days and just used a cane after that. One morning I was getting breakfast and hung the cane on the countertop edge. As I walked into the living room with coffee mug in one hand and breakfast in the other I stopped and exclaimed to my wife"LOOK! NO CANE!" I actually forgot it and never used it again except on stairs and then only for a very short time. Most of my pain was from the tourniquet that was on my leg during surgery. There are a few limitations like no running or jumping but that suits me. LOL My left knee is starting to go the same way and when the time comes for it to be replaced I will have NO HESITATIONS AT ALL. Several in my family have had TKR's and they did not do nearly as well as I did but I pushed myself to the limits of what I was comfortable with while they were afraid of a little discomfort. DO YOUR EXERCISES!! It will pay dividends. Best of luck to you.

Just felt the urge to pop in and say hi. Tomorrow morning.... I go in for the beginning of two "total knee replacements". I'm having the right done first. Don't know what to expect. I have heard "horror stories" .... and I have heard "best thing I ever did". I guess I will report back once I have formed an opinion.
its hot and miss, depending on the doctors pay from the pharma cartel insurance companies.. Philippians 4:13 kjv.

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
best of luck.procedures have came a long ways and has to be much better as technology improves. my wife had corpal tunnel surgery 3 months ago n she feels much better.
i think you will be fine just do as the drs tell you

Reactions: G-Golly Wally

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated