• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

K 40

The quick way to compare antennas is by their power rating. The better antenna will have the higher power rating. Power rating is lower because something in the antenna is converting radio energy into heat, and will eventually melt something.

Have you ever seen a power rating on a 102" whip?
I think you'll find the limit with that is the coax feeding it.

If the K40 has a lower power limit, then its inferior to a wilson or whatever with a higher power rating.

A mobile antenna is only as good as the ground (plane) its mounted on.

The quick way to compare antennas is by their power rating. The better antenna will have the higher power rating. Power rating is lower because something in the antenna is converting radio energy into heat, and will eventually melt something.

Have you ever seen a power rating on a 102" whip?
I think you'll find the limit with that is the coax feeding it.

If the K40 has a lower power limit, then its inferior to a wilson or whatever with a higher power rating.

A mobile antenna is only as good as the ground (plane) its mounted on.
:eek::eek::eek:

Let me sign up this is gonna get good....... :pop::pop::pop::pop:

I dont know about the coily antennas, they are all the same. But, I have had the same K40 base loaded antenna in more or less continued service for 25 or more years. Still works perfectly. Try that with your old wilsons.LOL!

PR

IMHO all coil antennas are not the same. Some have a better freq. range others don't. And yes i do run below ch.1 ( a long with 60,000 other truck drivers ) The coil antenna best used for this application would be a Browning or the Bronco Buster ( Monkey Made family ) ( round coil ) I can have a 1.4 swr on freq. 27.185 and yet have a swr of 1.1 on 26.165 or if i wanted to i can retrim the stinger to go ch. 40 or above inwhich i don't. As far as the K-40 back in the early 80's i heard pro's and con's just like Wilson selling out to Barjan. That was a sad day. As far as that K-40 antenna pictured at Love's Travel stop and at the Pilot Truck stop i do not know the performance of one. I need to check out the Pen. 10 k antenna to see it's freq. range

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.