• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

K40 antenna

Just get a wilson 1000. They are great antennas. I have had mine on my car for about a year and a half or two years now and I have no complaints. Works better than everything else I have tried and it can take a beating from low things like drive thrus and tree branches.

197....If your planing on spending around $60 to 70 dollars for a new antenna, why in the world would you not consider a Predator 10K, or maybe a Mr.Coily??? Both of these antennas will out-perform the one's you been looking at! And are the same price, or less!

If you had been running a 10K today when I hurd ya on the radio...I would have been able to talk to you longer...but you just kept fadding out...When I tryed to get back yo you, I was only useing my 2-pill driver amp. The 8-pill was off, because Im waiting on a Regulater from X-Force...

All those antennas you see at the local truck-stops are nothing but junk...They look nice in the package, but thats about as far as it go's.....

If money is a problem...then go with the 102" whip. Under $20, and will stand-up to any other antenna on the market...

Only draw-back to the 102'' whip, is the 102''! stick one of these antennas on the roof of a car, and Pidgon's everywhere will be in Danger! :shock:

102" is also a great ant. You can beat the crap out of these things! Had one on my 4x4 pick up for a while, but I took it off because it was kind of dangerous when 4xing. That whip would really get swinging and I was afraid bystaners would get hurt, but for the short time I ran it it was a great antenna.

Hey there..

Here is the real deal...

i used to think the K40 was the best out there (it wasnt)
I thought maybe the wilson was (it wasnt)..

ok so the K40 is a decent antenna..
i like it's real quick disconnect (but that is all)..

Wilson is a partcial knock off of the K40 if either is a knock off of the other (lol)..

But seeing you are not using Power..
it is still likly far better to use the 10K ..

back in the day a far less antenna killed both the K40 and Wilson 1000....that was my Palamar D-2500..

i dont care what specs say...
i dont care what others clamed tests showed..

i did my own comparison tests
my D-2500 killed (and i do mean KILLED...whether was stationary or when driving...i used to talk to south america when stationary during lunch every day...while driving only got to canada,florida and texas...lol ) the wilson 1000 and K40 Period..

i have not tried the 10K but it seems it is a new version of the Palamar D-2500 (i think it was the first of it's type back in the day...i know i will hear flack for that...but we are talking 25 years ago..lol )..

so now make a informed choice..

a better antenna even with minimal power will still do better whether using little or lots of power (within antennas abilities)..

Later

Alright after thinking about it when i get done paying off all my CB stuff i will get the 10K. Jessse when i talked to you i knew i was just a sitting duck on a busy channel with no were to go. Conditions havent been with me these past few days. But when i was talking to you i had my Titan II,my 2 pill,And the imas 99 going. But it was great talking to you. Hopefull when i get some more texas skip i will try again. But for now i will leave the wal-mart mag mount on the car till i get the 10K. Talk to you all later CDX197

Nice to hear ya out there 197. Was begening to wonder If you were ever going to be on the radio, at the same time i was. Hang in there....Skip's realy been picking up last few days...JJD back quite....

bones on my car its just how chief said and in that order, i will throw in another comment THE K40 ANTENNA FOR ALL ITS CONVENIENCE IS STILL THE WORST PERFORMING 60"+ CB ANTENNA I OR MY BUDDIES HAVE EVER COME ACROSS IT CANT EVEN LIVE WITH A VALOR HALFBREED EITHER PARKED UP OR MOBILE dont read the bs adverts from k40 customers go do your own tests on your own vehicle, imho they are too bendy while moving and poor while stationary as tested on several different cars and mounting position.
Dont know I talked al over the world on my K40 and 250 watts. worked fine for me

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.