• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

K40 speech processor

I would have to tap it to get the audio working but I made the mistake of taking the mic element apart and broke the little flexible piece of material that goes between the diaphragm and the hold down arm. I think this changes ground potential as the diaphragm is vibrated. Since it's part of the inverting output that goes to the IC I have to match the impedance of the new element to get the right volume level. The K40 has a 100k resistor between the op amp and the mic element.

So far I've passed up on buying a K40 speech processor mic and two K40 speech processor radios on Ebay. They wanted too much. I figured I'd try my hand at getting mine work with the knowledge I now have about the mic.

Last edited:
I don't know what that link is,, maybe your halloween costume,,lol

the pistol grip mic fits in the palm of your hand and you squeeze the button with your finger and talk into the top of the mic

the gold color area is the element New Mobie Power Mic 4 Pin Black Superstar for Cobra Uniden | eBay

Okay. What's the other shiny metal part?
I see the element grille now.
The costume link I found while looking up that mic on Amazon. Just being funny.

Just bought a NOS one and wired it to my President Lincoln! It is an Audio Demi God on SSB. Crushing Pile Up's like beer cans!!! All on it's stock MRF455. It now holds it's own on AM as well. I do wish it had more filtering though.I paid more than I wanted too but compared to other high end microphones it was still a good deal. Wish some one would remake these things.

I would rather have a electret element instead of it then the stock crystal element but nothings perfect. LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.