• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KC2PLJ small shack

KC2PLJ

Nov 17, 2009
New York
Well, here is my small shack that is ever changing.

img_1256242372_14903_1256840087_mod_564_418.jpg

Do you stand by on .450? If so, listen for a net out of Elmira Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM EST.Also there is nightly activity on .395 in the Elmira/Corning area.

I listen on 28.450 every night as there is a group of about 30 of us up here that use it on an almost nightly basis. I am originally from a small town just outside of Elmira called Wellsburg, I used to be on the air from my apartment, now that I am in a house I have a little better situation. I would like to find a few more people interested in 2/70 cm sideband, it's a lot of fun. Thanks for all your comments. Mike KC2PLJ

Equipment I am running

The big transceiver on the right is the Yaesu FT-950 with a 600 ohm dynamic microphone by AKG in the middle. The tuner is a LDG-Z11 pro auto. For digital modes like PSK31,SSTV etc. I have the Signalink USB by Tigertronics. Just to the left of that is a small Yaesu FT-817ND with the W4RT DSP built in. The Yaesu FT-857D can be seen just under my 22'' flat screen monitor running Ham radio deluxe from the FT-950 with total rig control of all three rigs hooked to the computer. For antennas, I run a number of different end Fed and verticals as well as horizontal squares for VHF/UHF. I will try to get a picture up soon for you to view. My mobile station is a Kenwood TM-D710 and a comet SBB-5NMO on the trunk of my 06 Pontiac G6 sedan. I have my VX-8R on the way and a Kenwood TM-V71A on the way for a dedicated VHF/UHF for the shack. Next purchase will be a small 600-800 watt amp. Hope this explains everything well! Take Care. Mike KC2PLJ

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.