• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TH-D72 built in TNC commands

VA3ZOL

Feb 10, 2013
Greetings all,

I need some help with the built in TNC. I can see the menu from a serial terminal, I've managed to set my call-sign and baud rate, but I can't seem to figure out how to transmit. I've downloaded the command list from this site but I couldn't find any info on how to use them. Am I correct in assuming that all commands need a "switch" behind them like TX "send something"?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Are you trying to control the TNC manually by typing commands or using some macro or are you trying to use the TNC via some software? I've used the TNC in my radio successfully using Winlink (for example) and I didn't have to do anything special - I just picked the compatible radio in the software settings. How are you trying to do it?

Are you trying to control the TNC manually by typing commands or using some macro or are you trying to use the TNC via some software? I've used the TNC in my radio successfully using Winlink (for example) and I didn't have to do anything special - I just picked the compatible radio in the software settings. How are you trying to do it?

Sounds like using hyper terminal rather than specialized software

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.