• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TH-D74 Review: 144/220/440 Mhz with D-Star, APRS, HF, and More

Mole,
APRS messaging question. Can you pre-type a message and send at a later time?? I'm thinking for spotting for SOTA.
thanks

Yes, you use the "Phrases" menu in the APRS setup. Then when you are composing a message, you hit the [F] button and choose the canned message and send it. It works pretty well. Refer to page 14-10 of the manual on how to send the message because it's not obvious.

I have the Memory Control Program for Windows installed for the TH-D74 but as a novice I am wondering if there is a pre-filled *.d74 file that someone has that I can upload. I am located in Israel during the war and I have no idea if the cellular communications will get cut off at any time and I want to be prepared. I had my D74 programmed to use at Burning Man a few years ago and I was able to get it to make a phone call through the telephone patch for the one signal I could get out there. But programming it to do that was very difficult for a total novice through the unit menus while located in a dusty desert. I am sure I forget how to do it by now. I wonder if anyone has any configuration that might work for some modality (D*Star, etc.) in Israel which I understand is limited by local digipeater server availability, my antenna length (currently just the original rubber duck), etc.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated