• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TK7180k Firmware upgrade

Trailtech

Jul 15, 2017
Chilliwack, BC
I just bought a tk7180 off of craigslist with a copy of the kpg-89d software. It however doesn't include the fpro.exe application and I also can't get a copy of the latest firmware available for it .I was hoping that someone may be able to help me or point me in the right direction of where I can get this software. It will be mostly for Ham use and I heard there are new features available with the updated firmware. Thanks in advance and hope someone can help me out.

Rick, VE7SZT

Gee, I dunno.
the KPG 89d software includes the firmware programming tool.

is yours a real Kenwood CD or a bootlegged copy?

There are CDs on ebay that have a Kenwood serial number for about $20 to $25.

hi thanks for the reply. The CD he gave me is a burned copy and only containes the programming software and the serial. I already have programmed the radio but i would like to update it . i will see if the CD's on ebay have everything on them.

hi thanks for the reply. The CD he gave me is a burned copy and only containes the programming software and the serial. I already have programmed the radio but i would like to update it . i will see if the CD's on ebay have everything on them.

Hey I know this is an old thread but I'm in the same situation. Did you figure out how to update the firmware?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated