• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TM-G707A Separation Cable?

RatsoW8

Supporting Member, W9WDX ARC Member - WD8T
Nov 3, 2009
West Central Michigan
I know this might be a longshot. I have a nice TM-G707A that I've been using as a base radio and want to mount in my truck. Problem is there is no room in my F-150 to mount it with the mounting bracket. So, I want to remote mount the main unit and stick the head to my dashboard somewhere with two sided tape. I've searched the inter-webs and can not locate any old stock separation kits or even a way to home-brew a cable.

Making an extension cable for the mic is not a problem but connectors for the control head can not be found. I was hoping someone here might have a source for the connectors, a link to a home-brew cable or an old cable lying around. I don't really want to buy another dual bander.

Let me know if you guys have any other suggestions.

I have a similar problem. I have the separation kit, but the pannel wire has the wrong connectors. Any one have an idea where I can get the proper connectors to replace the wrong ones? It's probably a long shot, but any help would be greatly appreciated. The cheaper the better.

believe it or not,..... there are two (yes, 2!!!!) for sale on QTH right now.

but, I don't see a separtion cable in the pic

RADIOVHF - FOR SALE: KENWOOD TM-G707A
Kenwood TM-G707A dual band transceiver in great condition. Includes radio, mic, mic clip, bracket w/screws, & DC power cable (no manual). Works great - additional pictures available upon request. $225 delivered within USA! PayPal (preferred) or Money Order accepted. Richard
Listing #1246836 - Submitted on 02/06/16 by Callsign KQ4KX, Modified on 02/19/16 - IP: 173-170-210-192.res.bhn.net
Click Here to Email -- Click Here to View Picture -- Send this Ad to a Friend
mdoc.gif
RADIOVHF - FOR SALE:KENWOOD TM-G707A acces
NEW never used dual band with RTsystems programming software
in original box. Kenwood TM-G707A 144/440MHz $300.00 plus insured shipping
Listing #1247169 - Submitted on 02/08/16 by Callsign KC3EBW - IP: 132-147-50-230-dhcp.aoo.pa.atlanticbb.net
Click Here to Email -- Click Here to View Picture -- Send this Ad to a Friend

Oh yea, you can always find the radio for sale but the separation kits or cables by themselves are all but extinct. Just like the separation kit for the Alinco DX-70TH which I've been trying to find for a couple of years.

And this thread is still helping needy hams! :D I needed a separation cable for a Kenwood G707A, did a search and found this thread. I checked with PacParts.com, and they still list them as available. A few more bucks that I wanted to pay (of course), but I'm glad that they can still have them.

Thanks for the thread and the info.

Curt W4CP
Raleigh, NC USA

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?