• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TS-430S mic not keying unit

Danzik

Oct 18, 2022
Hi I am working on a kenwood ts-430s and the radio is not keying up with the desk mic but is with the send switch, anyone know what pins to jump on the mic plug to force this radio to key so I can check and verify it is the MC 60 microphone that is causing the issue, Thanks

OMG really? google kenwood ts-430 mic wiring and you immediately get 5,000 results with the answer. Even the service AND user manual free pdf. Dont be lazy, seek out the information first, if no results after Searching then ask. :cautious: oh yeah, use a vom and you will know if its the mic in less than one minute.

Last edited:
Reactions: sp5it and NZ8N
OMG really? google kenwood ts-430 mic wiring and you immediately get 5,000 results with the answer. Even the service AND user manual free pdf. Dont be lazy, seek out the information first, if no results after Searching then ask. :cautious: oh yeah, use a vom and you will know if its the mic in less than one minute.
Well, by jumping pins 2 and 8 the transceiver is not keying up is all I know

Is VOX turned off?

exactly. simple process of elimination. are all the controls set properly? mox switch keys radio, so that tells us the radio's keying circuit works and radio does in fact tx. test mic with vom, is it good? bad? you say jumping the tx/ground pins on the radio does nothing. are you connecting the correct pins? double/triple check. if yes and still no tx, first course of action is obviously to inspect and test the radio's mic connector, mic connector wiring, and circuit board connections. if mic is faulty fix or replace. block diagram the diagnosis and repair.

Reactions: Danzik

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.