• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TS-440SAT question

Onthecoast

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Sep 13, 2012
I picked up a 440SAT a few months back. Wanted to try an 80's rig and the price was right so I jumped. Radio is really nice and well taken care of. Got the matching power supply with it too.

The radio has already been modified for wide band transmit. I also made the modification for carrier control to be able to adjust ssb power. Default leaves ssb 100% all the time which is no good when running and amp.

The issue that I am having is that I was trying to go down to 10 hz tuning steps instead of 100. The kenwood manual states to cut d66, which I've done. But I'm still stuck with .00 readout instead of .0

I've even done the standard reset by holding A=B and powering up. I'm not getting anywhere here. Any suggestions? I know a few people here are running this rig.

If you are seeing two digits after that last " . ", then you've done the modification and you have the resolution you wanted.
- 'Doc

TX bandwidth is stock. What I meant was the radio is capable of out of band transmit (i.e. 60m band).

There's no modification required to lower SSB output, read that manual again, it really does explain it.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated