• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Key line in a Lincoln II+??

I printed it on paper with a laser printer, transferred it to a copper board with acetone, then etched the copper clad board in ferric chloride to remove everything that wasn't the circuit. I had done this a few times over 20 years ago, except using a sharpie instead of a laser printer. I learned this method from the internet. I had hoped it might turn out a little better, but the image was already quite pixilated because I drew it up in MS paint.

Someone with a little more savvy than me could figure out a way to add a second transistor and use the NO contacts instead of the way I did it. The problem with my method is that if you turn the radio off while the amp is on, the amp will key. A circuit failure will have the same result. The good thing is the relay is loud enough that I know when it's working, nice click when the radio is turned on and the same in Tx. So, plenty of room for improvement by folks in the know, but I'm happy with it. Of course, in a radio where the +8V tx was more accessible than mine it wouldn't be an issue...simply swap the contacts and you're off to the races.

Hey buddy just found this thread and wanted to say great job ! I have not made a board in 30 years in "technology lab" in school but I'm super impressed with your work ! I know its not rocket science but I would have built it out of loose components , heat shrink and soldier blobs lol .

Great work and quite inspiring , I was going to buy a new roger beep/noise toy box . Now im designing a circuit with a micro SD card slot and small led display as a interface touchscreen ! Will post pics and design when I work out the bugs .

Thanks again for the inspiration , Four-Two-Zero (Brian) in New Jersey

Hey buddy just found this thread and wanted to say great job ! I have not made a board in 30 years in "technology lab" in school but I'm super impressed with your work ! I know its not rocket science but I would have built it out of loose components , heat shrink and soldier blobs lol .

Great work and quite inspiring , I was going to buy a new roger beep/noise toy box . Now im designing a circuit with a micro SD card slot and small led display as a interface touchscreen ! Will post pics and design when I work out the bugs .

Thanks again for the inspiration , Four-Two-Zero (Brian) in New Jersey

Good deal! I’m sure many here could have done better than me, but I like having done it myself.

Would love to see your results!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.