• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kids; try THIS at home . . .

That's not just scary it is FREAKING SCARY. Man, the HV and RF around that is wild. I'll pass. I have breadboarded some stuff in the past as a proof of concept sort of thing but I would NEVER do something like that.

It's still impressive what a guy can build with such tiny little hands.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

C.K. Ive thought about it aswell and decided between the kids a child traffic and pets in my homestead NOT A GOOD IDEA!!

Now, if he were to get another very small/old microwave oven, gut it, take off its front, put a piece of 1/8" thickness of sheet metal aluminum on it for the adjustment/meter/switches/MFJ tuner, cut a large square off of the top, put some screen on it from the inside, and then mount all of that amp in it (except for the xformers and voltage supply circuit in another box) - he would be doing it right. Establish a decent chassis ground and add RF bypass caps to 'put a bow on it'.

With that much HV/current available; he could put another two 572's in it (making it four) and turn it into a cool KW amp!

But yeah; I would NOT do it like that.
Got to give him credit for being cleaver and resourceful - though.
Cannot believe he was handling those HV wires as he did; that part just freaked me out!!!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated