• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

king 750 moble amp

donemad

Jun 21, 2008
sorry about the misprint. its a king 750 moble unit. it has 3 2057 tubes in a row in it , i need a transfomer for it , any help plse.....thanks

sorry about the misprint. its a king 750 moble unit. it has 3 2057 tubes in a row in it , i need a transfomer for it , any help plse.....thanks

What exactly are you looking for this thing to do?

Are you trying to replace the switching transformer that supplies high voltage when in mobile operation or, are you converting this for Fixed/AC operation?

Generally speaking, those vintage models had Vibrator/Switching power suppllies powered by 2n4048 PNP Transistors. The primary of the X-former was 14 volts at 400 cps while, the secondary was usually about 400-500 vac which was fed into a voltage-doubler confiiguation yeilding 900+ volts under load.

Those transformers has a special feedback winding on them to make the transistors oscillate and switch back and forths producing a Square-wave form of Alternating current.

Did you shoot a wire of the transformer (Torroid?)or set the thing on fire? I cannot imagine that thing losing a winding or shorting out.

Did you check the power transistors, does it (did it ever) sing?

Look on eBay for a 310 Palomar that is cheap and buy that one, the transformers serve the same purposes in the same application.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.