• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KL 203 Fan

my 200 p must have glue as it wont come apart. i got heavy wire i wanted to install in mine but for now a fan resides on it too

Reactions: Keto
my 200 p must have glue as it wont come apart. i got heavy wire i wanted to install in mine but for now a fan resides on it too
If I remember correctly, you must remove the back of the unit and slide the paper from the bottom. The rear must be removed ( slightly repositioned) carefully because of the SO-239 connections.

Reactions: Rwb and Holydvr
If I remember correctly, you must remove the back of the unit and slide the paper from the bottom. The rear must be removed ( slightly repositioned) carefully because of the SO-239 connections.
mine wont let the so239s move any at all

The bottom will slide out but it’s a tight fit. It will need some massaging to remove. After that it slides back and forth freely.
worked with mine yesterday decided its working dont break it. but i bought 3 years full coverage insurane so if it breaks it will be replaced $10.99 for 3 years works out cheep

I have one in the truck that was given to me not working. Two of the mosfets exploded. Luckily it did not destroy anything inside. I used 13N10’s and it has been cruising along for nearly two years now with no issues.

My 203 occasionally gets pretty hot.
Added some small alligator clips to a fan out of an old computer. Problem solved. :giggle:

View attachment 58310
I did the same thing to one of those amps, i used some big sheet metal screws that were able to thread between the fins of the heatsink and hold the fan there and ran the wires inside to connect to the 12v. One set of power wires and fan is always on. Great little amp for what it is.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.