• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Klm linear

hey, if nothing else, your camera works great.

So if klm did not make this amp who did ? And why did they solder the wire to the anode of each tube insted of using clips..... now I see where this looks like a low budget amp. Atleast I payed $50 and got 300w out of it.

Sent from my Droid X .602GB Root, Tapatalk.

3 30KD6 tubes. 18w clipped mod drive getting 300w. that sound about right?

scope reading shows it off the hook splatter box.

bleeding 2 channel up 2 channel down as well.

Last edited:
3 30KD6 tubes. 18w clipped mod drive getting 300w. that sound about right?

scope reading shows it off the hook splatter box.

bleeding 2 channel up 2 channel down as well.

Then perhaps you should see if you can clean it up by straightening out the radio's harmonic issues first. Then see if the harmonics are so bad. I'd try that. If the trap filter coils have been smashed down in the output stage; then do yer best to bring them back into shape. Turn down the mod to 100%; then re-check. What radio are you using with it?
:pop:

Then perhaps you should see if you can clean it up by straightening out the radio's harmonic issues first. Then see if the harmonics are so bad. I'd try that. If the trap filter coils have been smashed down in the output stage; then do yer best to bring them back into shape. Turn down the mod to 100%; then re-check. What radio are you using with it?
:pop:

President p400 Exitthirteen said the mod was clipped in it and i didnt even know :)) i supposed to send to get it fixed up. i have a few clean radios ill try behind this amp and see if it is a bleeder still.

i really want to unsolder the anodes on the tubes and put clips on top ... not sure how to approch it with wet hands :))

I seriously doubt the problem is the "radio's harmonics" first of all a harmonic by definition is a multiplier of the fundamental frequency. These tubes wouldn't have much gain as you start going up that high. Secondly the input circuit isn't designed for it, and third and MOST important is that this is a tube amp, which means it has a Pi-network on the output, a kind of harmonic filter all in itself.

Perhaps stated more properly is that the radio is over-modulating causing negative peaks to be completely cutoff thus causing "splatter". Another thing that goes overlooked as well is the AUDIO-HARMONICS from distortion in the AF circuits that widen the sidebands in the AM signal something fierce. I am also curious how the amplifier was determined to be a "splatter box" on an oscilloscope?

At any rate this all sounds like a lot of opinion and not fact. However the "trueness" of this thread is that it is in fact a transformer-less design which means line voltage is important for the filament life as well as plate voltage. It is also VERY TRUE THAT THE AMPLIFIER IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A TYPE WITH A TRANSFORMER.

Just be careful and use common sense when operating.

Never saw a tube type amp without a step up transformer before. For $56 I would have bought it too and then sell it on Ebay for $1000 as a rare collector's item!

Never saw a tube type amp without a step up transformer before. For $56 I would have bought it too and then sell it on Ebay for $1000 as a rare collector's item!

hey, good idea. seen how all the RARE radios are tagged with a Grrrrreat price tag:love:

the post before this one i brought it over to someone i know with better equipment there are serious curves on the scope wave when modulating.
from what "they" told me that is not good....:bored: honestly who cares there is 20 other people around here with much worst kW splatter boxs. my little danger danger box splattering cant be any worse.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.