• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Knight safari 1 CB

Birddog2009

Apr 14, 2014
Anyone know what Sams this radio uses? I cant find anything on CB tricks just some numbers that dont correspond with the radio,

hey birddog,

i have one of these radios.

bought it on ebay about 6 or 7 years ago intending to restore it, but havent gotten around to it yet.

at that time there were a couple of manuals online and i printed them out.

its the owners manual and the assembly manual if i remember correctly.

i really dont have the time to photocopy the manuals for you, but if you PM me, maybe we can work something out.

ill tell you right now that im leary of sending manuals out with a promise of getting them back as ive been burned a couple of times in the past.

if you can think of a way to assure me that i will get the manuals back, then i will send them out to you to copy.
LC

Old post but I just picked up one of those Yesterday & it looks almost New.Most channels are pretty badly off frequency so it may just be a shelf sitter as Eye Candy.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Old post but I just picked up one of those Yesterday & it looks almost New.Most channels are pretty badly off frequency so it may just be a shelf sitter as Eye Candy.

SIX-SHOOTER
Depending upon how far off frequency those crystals are, in many cases they can be tweaked back within reasonable tolerance. I have a set of PF trimmers, plus various sizes of wire wound inductors to add in series just for that purpose. If you need a little inductance to move the frequency in the desired direction, the small RF chokes that you commonly see on solid state CB boards will work great. Most of them will have around 20-40 turns on a 1 or 2 watt resistor sized form. I usually end up taking a few turns off at a time to tweak within usable range. A less stable option to be sure, but better than buying high priced custom made crystals.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
just to put it out there, i still have my knight safari 1 in a box somewhere, so i can look at it as a reference if someone needs it.

I might also still have the manuals, but i seem to have a faint memory of someone promising me that they would return them to me and...

let me know if i can be of some help.
LC

Graphics are a second hobby of mine so I don't have a problem scanning, enhancing or sending images in any verity of formats. I only wish I had what you need, but I’ll keep an eye out for a manual / schematic and let you know if I run across anything in the future. There’s DVD’s for sale on-line that lists many Knight Kits, but unfortunately the Safari I hasn’t made any list that I have seen yet. On the other hand if I did have that prized manual in my possession and didn’t have the means to copy it, I would set up a returnable deposit fee agreement between parties and use PayPal as the transaction medium. Just a thought…

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.