• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lack of DX

Has other operators noticed that DX has dropped right off or is it just my area. I was hearing a lot of DX almost everyday and sometimes All day but it seems to have vanished lately.
I work Europe most every day on 17 & 20 meters and Australia quiet often on 20 meters.I even worked Japan on 15 meters a few weeks ago on just 10 watts with my QRP radio on phone and Australia & New Zealand a couple of days before that. I hear people complaining but I'm doing just fine.The conditions are not as good as they have been in the past but they are far from Terrible.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW
WRMX520

Reactions: whiteastro
I work Europe most every day on 17 & 20 meters and Australia quiet often on 20 meters.I even worked Japan on 15 meters a few weeks ago on just 10 watts with my QRP radio on phone and Australia & New Zealand a couple of days before that. I hear people complaining but I'm doing just fine.The conditions are not as good as they have been in the past but they are far from Terrible
Feel lucky ! If you can't hear anyone around here, doesn't make you want to set at the radio. Last week the super bowl was blasting All day and into the night because I was trying to see how long my new NMHD batteries would last in my Midland handheld.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
I work Europe most every day on 17 & 20 meters and Australia quiet often on 20 meters.I even worked Japan on 15 meters a few weeks ago on just 10 watts with my QRP radio on phone and Australia & New Zealand a couple of days before that. I hear people complaining but I'm doing just fine.The conditions are not as good as they have been in the past but they are far from Terrible.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW
WRMX520
One of the best reason to get a ham ticket, when the other bands are dead a ham can almost always find an open band.

Up here in Central Pennsylvania,the DX has been hit or miss, sometimes so low that I might make 1 or 2 contacts a week,if that.....I'm hoping as the summer approaches ,the solar cycle conditions will get stronger and open up more that the DX improves for everyone on the 11 meter band!! Some times 385 LSB will be really quiet for days here and there............

Reactions: whiteastro
Up until a few days ago DX was at a all time high, a real treat. I thought I read someone saying we were started into a solar high and I was excited. Seem like every time I wanted to go somewhere I could turn my mobile on and listen to the chatter. Now it's like someone turned the switch off. A man can get spoiled ! LOL Maybe today will be different.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated