• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Larsen NMO-27-C testamonials?

Nope, that's something I don't have and here in the part of podunk Texas I'm at I don't think anyone around here has one either. I'm using a handheld radio with an so239 adapter and small workman swr/power meter to set swr. I've checked the meter on the bench with the mfj meter into a dummy load and reads right on. That's the best I've got. It would be nice to know where the antenna is resonant.

I know you have worked through your issue but I would recommend checking out the NanoVNA. It works as an antenna analyzer. They can be hand for under a hundred bucks. A ten dollar patch cable can be had to hook it up to your coax. I love mine. There is a lot of features that I am still not smart enough to use, just means I need to learn more.

I don't remember the combo you mentioned but I'll read up the thread and find it. I've got another whip ordered, it's supposed to be 49" so I guess I chopped some of the last time I installed it and didn't remember. I'm hoping that'll do it because I can't really shell out another 70 bucks for an antenna but we'll see.

NMO-30 with 3” spring and 60” whip (length?) trimmed afterwards.

Older thread but, I have the Larsen NMO27B on a 5 inch Tram Mag Mount. Only thing done was replacing original coax that came with the mag mount with LMR-240. Dead center on top of my old extended cab pickup it does an outstanding job. For it's height I'm really impressed with it.
Just my 2 cents worth.

I can tell you in the case of the 88 end up quarter wave base is exactly the same as the nmo 52 which covers frequencies ending in 88. These do not have base loads in them so if they look the same they have to be the same. But the loaded faces the CB 27 and others use are likely possibly at least different. A hint might be the exact same power handling and any other specially dimensions.

I'm now revisiting the commuter antenna system currently running the laird nmo27 to which I've not had great results.

I know some of you folks use the sirio flavors with some sort of permanent mount and so I'm looking for info on that specific mount.

As it stands, there's a 3/4 nmo hole where I could possibly mount that sirio mount.

Can someone say what size hole is required for the sirio mount?

I'm now revisiting the commuter antenna system currently running the laird nmo27 to which I've not had great results.

I know some of you folks use the sirio flavors with some sort of permanent mount and so I'm looking for info on that specific mount.

As it stands, there's a 3/4 nmo hole where I could possibly mount that sirio mount.

Can someone say what size hole is required for the sirio mount?
This??

1676611517267.jpeg

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated