• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Larsen NMO-27-C testamonials?

I think I might drive over to Universal this week and pick up a Larsen and swap out the Wilson 1000. I know it has a lower power rating which is of no concern.

I may just wait until I go the the Shriners ham fest and stop by Univeral on the way home. Anyways, I'll eventually report my findings. I've always preferred an NMO roof mount anyways.

A little late...but that whip looks like its bigger in diameter than a 1000?

I'm looking for another NMO antenna to play around with, reason I happened on this thread.

Good antennas.

vpe0xl.jpg

Getting back on this subject, I'm close to buying one of these, but everywhere I read, these antennas aren't much good but for maybe 150-200 watts....why?

Are they like the K40 antennas that use a capacitor n the load coil?

Also I read the whip is only 52 inches tall....?

The Laird's, Maxrads and Trams are all about 4 foot, but handle up to 500 watts. I suspect bad things might happen to the roof of your car if you pushed much more than 500 watts through a mag mount anyway.

I am sorry dude, I am not paying $80 for CB antenna made in red china, however I might pay $20 for it if baofeng, ling ling or ding dong made the equivalent =.

Universal has the same price. The black stinger version is a couple dollars more.

I've been thinking of trying one of these. Just can't decide if I want to mount in on my Neons roof or trunk.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.