• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Latest version stryker 497 channel conversion?

AA1QD

May 2, 2005
www.ranv.org
I just got the latest version sr 497hpc in the mail yesterday. I looked at the cb tricks site for the channel conversion, but the picks look totally differnt from what I have. This newest version is all surface mount. Any one got the conversion for the newest model?

I just got the latest version sr 497hpc in the mail yesterday. I looked at the cb tricks site for the channel conversion, but the picks look totally differnt from what I have. This newest version is all surface mount. Any one got the conversion for the newest model?

As I recall some time in the last several years the FCC came down on the Export radio company's because they were "to easy" to convert. So the simple little jumpers in Con 1,2,3, or 4 are gone. You now have to break out a soldering iron and add/remove some parts.

This is why you are better off buying from a shop that has a qualified tech, this way you buy the radio, they convert, tune, and align it right the first and only time. Then they ship it to you and you have a great radio.

I assume you bought it from Copper or H & Y and "saved" some money. Now you get to ship it off to a tech and have him convert it.

If by chance you got lucky and it still has the little plastic jumpers then you have it made at least for the basic conversion. Then you can check it so it's on frequency, tune it, align the receive and your golden.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes it was the little pull off jumper. Needs to go on both pins. And by the way, dead on frequency out of the box. very impressed with this radio.

See above, if your version is the same.
Mine has a three pin jumper. i moved it forward and its transmitting in the 11 meter band now but my radio is defective. IT transmits when you plug the mic in. Im going to have to return it.

do you have another mic you could try to verify if it is the radio or mic..did the radio dead key before you moved the jumper?

Shorted mic cable, usually inside the mic cable connector or defective mic. I'll buy the radio for $20 & don't bother sending the mic...;)

Yes it was the little pull off jumper. Needs to go on both pins. And by the way, dead on frequency out of the box. very impressed with this radio.
Hey I was reading your post and I have recently bought a Stryker sr497-hpc radio. I'm trying to find more info and pics on the conversion to 11meter citizen band. Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated.

Could one of y'all help me get this frequency mod established so I can plug up in my truck to use tomorrow thank you

Attachments

• 15316755155011207556672.jpg
    15316755155011207556672.jpg
    723 KB · Views: 115
  • 15316757710171390351000.jpg
    15316757710171390351000.jpg
    755.9 KB · Views: 104

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.