• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lease truck Radio

4play

Apr 26, 2006
AZ
I drive a small company pick up truck (Colorado). I currently have a PC78Elite/Wilson 1000 mag roof mount & I was thinking of upgrading. I don't have much room, I'd like to get a little more power & SSB.
This one was tuned by Justin Depolis (where'd he go?) & actually does pretty well. If it was my personal truck I'd just add a small amp, but I would like the ability to dabble on SSB.

Requirements are to be able to run on one 10gauge power & ground, no bigger or not much bigger than what I have physically & decent clean umph without an amp. I'm not opposed to an import like a Magnum 257, was also looking at the refurb Galaxy 959 Sparky's has on sale.

Last edited:

galaxy 979,959 are good cbs with ssb but for a little more money
ya can get a magnum 257 or rci 2950 that will give ya more power
and all extra channels.also the texas ranger line has a ssb model 966
i think?thier very good on ssb just no extra channels

If you want the ability to do SSB then buy a radio that has that mode. I think you are aware of how to go about getting 'more power', so pick the solution that works best for you. As far as that 'leased' vehicle thing goes, as long as what ever you do to change that vehicle shouldn't(?) make any difference as long as you don't harm that vehicle. There are limits to that, and discussing those limits with the 'owner' might be a good idea. And then, maybe not. You're on your own there!
Have fun.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.