• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LF Aerial Refuel Frequencies PNW

Gypsy707

May 21, 2019
Hey group,
I’m looking for Rx frequencies for the KC-135 tankers and any possible transient flights here in the Pacific Northwest corner of The USA. I’ve seen the tankers, f-18s, ea6 growlers and one crazy olive drab Huey with no markings I can see. Just interested to hear what’s buzzing above. Thanks

Military air comms used to be between about 230 and 300 MHz, more or less back in the analog era. The civilian emergency frequency of 121.5 was 243.0 in the military-air band, the second harmonic of the civilian freq. This greatly simplified the complexity of emergency-rescue radios back in the day.

Gotta wonder if any voice comms are conducted in the clear these days. Scrambled signals would seem more likely.

Military air comms used to be between about 230 and 300 MHz, more or less back in the analog era. The civilian emergency frequency of 121.5 was 243.0 in the military-air band, the second harmonic of the civilian freq. This greatly simplified the complexity of emergency-rescue radios back in the day.

Gotta wonder if any voice comms are conducted in the clear these days. Scrambled signals would seem more likely.

Or completely digital.

After scanning the band it seems like you might be right I hear what I think are a couple control frequencies and lots of digital noise on other channels. Too bad it used to be fun to hear the different planes coming and going.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.