• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

License Upgrade Question

highpressure

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jul 20, 2011
I passed the test to upgrade to General on Saturday, Jan 28, and the FCC site still doesn't show the upgrade. It has been showing "PA" (Pending Application" since Feb 1 and as I dig deeper into the application, under history is says "Offlined for Alert List Review". I noticed that other guys that took the test when I did are were clear on the FCC website as Generals just a couple of days after the test.

As I understand it, I can operate as a General as long as I put the /AG at the end of my call sign, but I'm just curious if anyone knows what I did or didn't do or if its just one of those things.....

Thanks

David

KJ6OOH /AG (still, 2 weeks later)

I passed the test to upgrade to General on Saturday, Jan 28, and the FCC site still doesn't show the upgrade. It has been showing "PA" (Pending Application" since Feb 1 and as I dig deeper into the application, under history is says "Offlined for Alert List Review". I noticed that other guys that took the test when I did are were clear on the FCC website as Generals just a couple of days after the test.

As I understand it, I can operate as a General as long as I put the /AG at the end of my call sign, but I'm just curious if anyone knows what I did or didn't do or if its just one of those things.....

Thanks

David

KJ6OOH /AG (still, 2 weeks later)

There can be any number of reasons for the delay.

The most probable cause is a typo or info error on your CSCE form or when the VEC input your information to the FCC office that person may have submitted something other than what is in the database.

In other words things aren't matching as they should and the system kicked it out....hence the "Offline for Alert List Review".

I would suggest you contact your testing VEC(s) and alert them to the delay. They in turn will contact the VEC regional director (and IIRC is the person that actually inputs the info to the FCC).

The VEC regional director has direct access to the FCC and will be able to discover what problem may exist (if any).

There are thousands of apps...and your app may have been subjected to a random review as part of a quality control program. Just a thought.

Contact your examining VEC(s) and go from there.

Good luck and congrats on passing the general. Now go get that EXTRA!!!!

SpongeBob (y)

David,
I'd say don't worry about it, it happens. But naturally, of course you're gonna worry about it, you know? 'S.B's explanation is probably what's happening and it'll get straightened out. But then, that assumes that you haven't robbed any banks lately and stuff like that. (You haven't, have you? And could I have some of it if you did?)
- 'Doc

But then, that assumes that you haven't robbed any banks lately and stuff like that. (You haven't, have you? And could I have some of it if you did?)
- 'Doc

Not any banks, no....

Thanks for the encouragement, I had actually come to the same conclusion, that once someones looks at it, it will be fixed. I'm figuring there a very limited number of people looking at irregularities. Like you said, it just has me wondering.

Thanks again!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.