• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lil Wilson antenna.

jester983

Apr 22, 2006
Im wondering how well the lil wilson antennas work? The magnet mounts that is. I was thinking of getting one of these because the price was very reasonable. Does anyone have one? How well does it work for you?

Im also wondering if I took this thing off roading and got smacked by like a few tree branches, would it fall off or no because it is a whip?

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

they work alright. i think i still have 1 or 2 left downstairs. the magnets are not super strong as far as hitting trees it might tip over if you hit it low enough. if you hit the top nothing would happen. ive never had one come loose at 80 mph though. for a cheaper antenna i like them alot, i like my wilson 1000 better as it recieves just a bit better.

i think i paid around $20 each for mine a few years back, i used them off and on for a few years and they held up well. they are pretty low power handeling (500 peak i think) but ive run close to that and mine lived.

The Lil'Wils are good for what they are,car to car or for just vactioning and such,if you plan on using your radio more often then that and are looking for a much better performer I would spend the extra 20 or so dollars and go with the Wilson 1000 they are much better transmitting and receiving antenna's. Much better magnets and all around performance. Good Luck to you.

I use a Little Wil on my Dodge Dakota, and I love it. Its given me over 20 miles range from time to time, its never come off (except once when I was stupid and went under a very low overhang). Even with the coax somewhat pinched right now, it still gives me very acceptable performance.

Issue for me was the length of the whip - having that big whip from the 1000 or 5000 on top of an already big pickup . . . . well I might have to hang a warning light on it for airplanes.

I like mine but no basis for comparison Vs the other models.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.