• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lincoln S-meter

Rogerbird1

Apr 24, 2002
Massachusetts
rogerbird.tripod.com
Hello,

What is the output power of the radio on AM and SSB?

Can you check the RF Power meter when keyed into a Dummy load?

Does it go all the way up?

Does the SWR meter CAL adjust?

What is your SWR on your antenna (using an external and the internal meter)?

Roger

</p>

Hello,

What is the output power of the radio on AM and SSB?

Can you check the RF Power meter when keyed into a Dummy load?

Does it go all the way up?

Does the SWR meter CAL adjust?

What is your SWR on your antenna (using an external and the internal meter)?

Roger

</p>

I just got a new chipswitched Lincoln and the s-meter dosent seem to be reading right..... I was talking to a guy that said I was giving him a solid 9 and I was only getting about a 2 on him....He was really booming in but the meter didnt show it. Also when in AM mode and I key up with the Varible power at max, the meter only registers about an 8 or so... It dosent go to max like alot of S-meters. Is this normal??Any suggestions??The only mods done to this are the chipswitch and the channel guard. Other than that it hasnt been touched

Thanks

Buck

</p>

I just got a new chipswitched Lincoln and the s-meter dosent seem to be reading right..... I was talking to a guy that said I was giving him a solid 9 and I was only getting about a 2 on him....He was really booming in but the meter didnt show it. Also when in AM mode and I key up with the Varible power at max, the meter only registers about an 8 or so... It dosent go to max like alot of S-meters. Is this normal??Any suggestions??The only mods done to this are the chipswitch and the channel guard. Other than that it hasnt been touched

Thanks

Buck

</p>

Yep a watt meter or SWR meter on Cal..

If it is throwing a dead key with output (you will see it best on AM)

to fix this.. unsolder one side of the 2 piggybacked caps on the bottom side of the main board, connected to the Final.

It is the 34MHz pull off caps (2 connected together) it can cause the 'Weird dead key problem' .. It will not harm the radio to disconnect these.

Roger

</p>

Yep a watt meter or SWR meter on Cal..

If it is throwing a dead key with output (you will see it best on AM)

to fix this.. unsolder one side of the 2 piggybacked caps on the bottom side of the main board, connected to the Final.

It is the 34MHz pull off caps (2 connected together) it can cause the 'Weird dead key problem' .. It will not harm the radio to disconnect these.

Roger

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.