• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Linear and battery

F

fish5

I had a battery prematurely fail, I was running a 200 watt Palomar, does anybody know if this could have done this, or I just got a bad battery

</p>

I had a battery prematurely fail, I was running a 200 watt Palomar, does anybody know if this could have done this, or I just got a bad battery

</p>

Hi,

Not sure if your mobile or base, I used to run a 150 Zetagi mobile Amp on a car Battery running with a trickle charge on the Battery all the time when using Amp, lasted me for a few years, if your mobile might be a problem with your Alternator.

I bought a Mains Amp after suffering sore throats with what I guess was the fumes from the Battery.

108 FAT 101

John

Last edited:
this is a regular car battery?

Standard car batteries cant tolerate a deep discharge.
It causes sulfer buildup on the lead plates.
Other things cause the sulfer buildup, such as low fluid level, called electrolyte.
Batteries which are deep discharged will usually be initially over-charged by the alternator.
Also make sure the battery terminals arent corroded.

</p>

how old is the battery?
you alternator? bad connections?

if the alternator cant charge the battery it will die..
maybe somethng else draining the battery when the vehicle is off?

a 200w palomar is not going to kil your battery unless the vehicle is off..

we need more info..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.