• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Linear bleeds on to my external speaker.

mr_fx

Oct 8, 2011
Kansas City
Linear bleeds on to my external speaker. Any ideas? what could I do to stop this? It's in the mobile, it's a Roadpro Titan II 485 and a 4 pill with an external speaker. When I talk it bleeds into my external speaker. Nothing else gets bleed over

I had a RoadPro years ago, nice little low powered radio. As I recall it did 14 watts PEP. What kind of 4 pill amplifier do you have that gets 600 honest watts with that low of drive?

I had a RoadPro years ago, nice little low powered radio. As I recall it did 14 watts PEP. What kind of 4 pill amplifier do you have that gets 600 honest watts with that low of drive?

None that I know of. My class C and B amps might bump 300 watts peak with that low a drive. A TS 500 having the snot driven out of it might do 525 watts peak.

the texas star 500v i had showed half a hair under 500 watts on my astatic 700 meter with 16 pep coming from a uniden washington . the export i had would do 21 pep on the meter and got 600 from the amp .

yea , not a bird meter , but close enough for my needs considering how RF works in this universe :D .

Reactions: 1 person
the texas star 500v i had showed half a hair under 500 watts on my astatic 700 meter with 16 pep coming from a uniden washington . the export i had would do 21 pep on the meter and got 600 from the amp .

yea , not a bird meter , but close enough for my needs considering how RF works in this universe :D .

600 watts on a Dosy is roughly 300 watts on a Bird....in other words, you are cooking with gas.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned