• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Linear one suburban alts done

Have put those alternators under a full load and then checked that the idlers stay put? and will the bearing in the front of the stock alternator handle the extra load palced upon it?

Hope all works good.

Last edited:
im not following you... are you saying the belt is going to fall off?

No I'm saying that they have the leeces on a seperate drive and only put the belt on when they use those alternators.
And the extra load place on the stock alternator might be too much for that small bearing in the face of it and that poor waterpump, I hope that ceramic bearing and seal there stands up under the increased load.

007 nj drove up to the CT break with his and had no problems that was atleast a 50 mile ride. I dont think you would have too much problems. but i wouldnt drive around with them all day unless you have spare belts. thats alot for those belts to be turning.
73's
~BR~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1