• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LISTEN FOR ME ON 27.385 !!

unit_399

EL CAPO
Jun 17, 2008
ALEJANDRIA, COLOMBIA SA
After we moved to Colombia 12 years ago, I set up my station and proceeded to dx all around the world. I connected with many members of this forum: Robb, Audio Shockwave, DxMan, Marconi (grandpa), and many others. I lost all of my antennas to a violent storm 6 years ago, and have been off the air since then. With the beginning of the new solar cycle, I am getting ready to begin Dxing again. I have built a new 4 element quad, and a 5/8 wave horizontal dipole, and have them up and ready to transmit. I am upgrading my equipment ( TRC457, TX600 linear, etc,) and hope to be on the air in a week or so.

I am looking forward to contacting as many of the forum members as are out there. My contact frequency is 27.385. Give me a shout, or reply to my CQ-DX and I will do my best to get back to you . 73s

_ 399

399, Glad to hear you will be back. We talked on 38 LSB years ago and I will be listening for you. Hope we can connect again. You were always one of the more classier operators on the air. A real gentleman.

After we moved to Colombia 12 years ago, I set up my station and proceeded to dx all around the world. I connected with many members of this forum: Robb, Audio Shockwave, DxMan, Marconi (grandpa), and many others. I lost all of my antennas to a violent storm 6 years ago, and have been off the air since then. With the beginning of the new solar cycle, I am getting ready to begin Dxing again. I have built a new 4 element quad, and a 5/8 wave horizontal dipole, and have them up and ready to transmit. I am upgrading my equipment ( TRC457, TX600 linear, etc,) and hope to be on the air in a week or so.

I am looking forward to contacting as many of the forum members as are out there. My contact frequency is 27.385. Give me a shout, or reply to my CQ-DX and I will do my best to get back to you . 73s

_ 399
Just curious, what kind of matching network do you use on your quad?

I heard a little American skip on 38 today here in Mexico... Victoria Australia that is. Could be warming up for something, have noted some unusual conditions lately.

Me too,I heard the skip from the US too but not Australia here in The South of Disorder :whistle:

I will listen for ¨The Big Capo¨ at 27.385 LSB I hope I get lucky from my Arizona Beach Front Property

Bleep,Bleep:confused:
73 de Andy

Me too,I heard the skip from the US too but not Australia here in The South of Disorder :whistle:

I will listen for ¨The Big Capo¨ at 27.385 LSB I hope I get lucky from my Arizona Beach Front Property

Bleep,Bleep:confused:
73 de Andy
The reference to Mexico is pretty common here in Australia. Let's hope some moron doesn't suggest to build a wall huh?

Reactions: tecnicoloco

_ 399

I wonder if that was you I heard today (about an hour ago) from Colombia. Pretty cool if it was. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.