• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Little problem- trc-449 nb/out switch

jrd426

Sep 5, 2018
Hi Guys, hoping someone can help me out (maybe even a 449 owner :) I picked up a 2nd hand 449 am/ssb mobile and some previous owner has used the nb/out switch for channel mods. I would like to remove this mod and put the nb back to stock. My problem is what to look for to reconnect. Can someone tell me what their wiring looks like on that nb switch. I'll look for a schematic in the meantime and see if I can figure out where the far end of this wire terminates on the board and try and find the original wire that way.
Thanks guys
Jeff

Thanks for the link. Being not much of a tech I'm hoping to match up a clipped wire in the general area of the nb switch. I asking a more technical friend to look at the schematics to help maybe. I have a brown wire with a white and red wire inside. Just clipped and sitting there which may be what is needed to go back to the switch. Thanks for your message

The ANL/NB switch should have 2 sections of 3 terminals, arranged vertically.

The brown wire with red and white wires are most likely the AM mode ANL side of the NB switch. One should go to the down lug of one side of the slide switch, other should go to the center lug of the same side, just above. Down (off) shorts across the ANL, thereby disabling it, up enables the ANL.
The NB should be 2 more wires, maybe taped up, one wire goes to the center lug, and the other wire goes to the upper lug.

ANL ---- NB
N.C. -- | | -- To NB wire
Red -- | | -- To other NB wire
Wht -- | |

N.C. - No Connection
The red and white wires are interchangeable, so long as they are on that side of the switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody-202
Thank you NZ8N. Very much appreciated.

Best you you and your family over this holiday season and for 2020.

Cheers

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.