• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Live Flex 5000 Demo

W1MSG

Now W1MSG
May 9, 2010
MA
Ok a few poeople suggested I try and do a live video demo of the Flex 5000. I will post a link for the live stream as soon as I set the account up and we can give it a try.

Maybe we can do it Saturday at 12 Noon EST, that might give aeveryone a time to shoot for. Livestream will also save a video of it on the website so you will be able to view it even if you miss the live broadcast. There is also a chat window so you can ask questions as well. So long as it doesnt overload my processor it should work pretty well.

Just let me know if you plan to check it out so I will know if I am wasting my time or not.

Thanks

Craig

Cool idea! Unfortunately I won't be able to watch it live, but I'll definitely watch it when I can.

I just did a little testing and there are a couple of little video's posted. When we are live I will try to go over some of the different configuration stuff on antenna's and stuff as well as the different display modes and some of the filtering.

Anyway should work out pretty well.

just a quick post can you focus in a little better when i go to full screen it goes fuzzy

Yes is does wide band RX just fine, and unfortunately if I try to use higher band width for better resolution it overloads the processor and gets choppy as hell. I am looking at the wirecast software to see if that will be a bit better.

You may be able to download the demo of PSDR so you can see the software a bit better.

Looks good! I really like the audio quality of the Flex receiver. I use a pair of cheap, powered speakers and they sound great. I have been thinking about getting something
a bit better. But, for now, what I have works.
I don't have the choppy audio issues you are experiencing. But, I am also running a
Intel Core i5 Processor @ 3.2Ghz, with 32Gig of memory and Windows 7(64 bit). Vista 32 bit works well too. Neither one get much over 10% cpu usage.
trucker

Looks good! I really like the audio quality of the Flex receiver. I use a pair of cheap, powered speakers and they sound great. I have been thinking about getting something
a bit better. But, for now, what I have works.
I don't have the choppy audio issues you are experiencing. But, I am also running a
Intel Core i5 Processor @ 3.2Ghz, with 32Gig of memory and Windows 7(64 bit). Vista 32 bit works well too. Neither one get much over 10% cpu usage.
trucker

I dont have choppy audio, its the choppy audio on the video link. Really nothing I can do about it. Well we can see how well it works tomorrow. If there is anything specific you want to see let me know, also if someone wants to attempt a QSO we can try and do that as well...

Im watching
can you scroll thru all the bands just to kinda give everyone an idea as to what it looks like

Well that was kinda like watching paint dry :tongue: I scrolled through all the bands, found some CW turned the internal and external preamps on and off showed the tracking notch filters. Pretty boring stuff. Would have been cool to try and make a QSO with someone from here but we may do it again. If the club starts a net I might try to live broadcast the net ...

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.