• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LMAO IVE SEEN IT ALL NOW the RCI-TLM1 MP3 PLAYER IN A CB?? GOOD LORD

i prefer regular power radios over high power ones . but sometimes for some folks a seperate amp just isnt allowed .

Well I look at it this way Peddler you cant just build an SSB radio YOU HAVE TO BUILD AN SSB RADIO THAT ACTUALLY WORKS AND SOUNDS GOOD LMAO

Look at the fancy garbage thats out there Ive tried Galaxy 88 99 Mirage 88 99 all warbled like hell on SSB oscilator B.S. I actually talked to a tech at Galaxy DX about that crap. Anyways theres alot of fancy frosted up to look pretty SSB radios out there and there no good as far as a strict SSB radio use.

Its pretty bad when an old realistic,cobra,uniden,teaberry holds its own on SSB better THAN THE NEW WACK PACKED SSB EXPORT SPECIAL they sell on the internet and the old radios are more stable when you get them on the air.

I will not knock RCI 2950 Chassis radios I own them myself and personally had no problems as far as reliability after years like other radios they need a overhaul but thats to be expected. As far as SSB maybe they all will quit making those models and people can do themselves a favor and get a reall SSB radio like a decent HF rig if SSB is there desire

What some people are paying for these exports like the Magnum s-980 you could get a nice used HF rig there out there a person just needs to look and ask whats worth what. I know its the echo and other features some are after so well I guess if echos worth an extra few hundred smackaroos then thats what its gonna be.

As far as the new 2970 I been waiting for that there making them other radios with the SS-158 style look and them things are sporting 4/2879 Final transistors but there again no SSB. I guess in the end I would rather not have them make one unless it was gonna be a good radio and not a drifting warbling P.O.S so maybe its a blessing they havent lauched one into the radio world yet.

The 2950DX is a good radio, It's just not my kind of radio. Without getting too much into it, I think the 2950DX is a mediocre to above average SSB rig. The fact that even tried and true SSB operators now point to it as the shining example of a great SSB rig depresses me even further.

Don't get me wrong-I agree that the 2950DX/70DX is the best SSB radio in its class of radio that is for sale new. That fact just depresses me a little. I think there are more guys on 11 meter running real ham rigs (160-10m) than I ever remember. That's pretty much your only option now. Then you have to think about what old CBer Sam is going to do with his MARS modded 160-10 meter ham rig. I wonder when/if old CBer Sam is going to ruin the ability to own/operate these rigs for all responsible 11 meter SSB enthusiasts.

I would love to have something along the lines of an Omega Force, S-9, or Galaxy 94 with a USB port to download noise toys or sound bites. I have no use for bluetooth or an MP3 player.

That radio was obviously built for the trucker in mind and they will be the ones to buy it. SSB ? The majority of truckers surely don't do that anyway. I sure am glad being a cb radio operator makes it fairly easier for me to have the decent radios I would need for both AM/SSB ,

Lord knows they made a million of them and there's plenty used ones to go around espeically if SSB is truly your CB thing ? It's still quite comforting to me to know that I still don't need a HF rig to do my cb radio thing weather it be AM or SSB .

It's cheaper too. :) are HF rigs superior over cb rigs ? I think they are , but I don't need one for the 11 meter band or the freebands for that matter. There's to many good old cb radios out there that will still get the jobs done for me and quite well if I say so myself. :)

Why did Uniden stop making the Grants ? Why did Astatic stop making the mighty D-104s ? Why did Cobra deside to make the 148s crappy pieces of shit ? ........Dying Breed comes to mind. But I've also read over the years that Ham radio is nothing like it once was either. so what's really going on ?

So what's really left in a cb radio being AM/SSB that will work good on both ? Hmmm I know a lot of guys that are more then pleased and sound well and have no complaints as far as receive goes on Galaxy 949s and 959's ......What's up with that ? It isn't like it's the end of the road yet.

I think it would be great to see Uniden put out another quailty AM/SSB cb radio , not to fear as I said before , Uniden made millions of good ones and you can still get them for less then they once were used. These companys have got to market the folks that will buy them. And IM sure that a few 100 thousand truckers will be buying this radio that Tony started this thread with. It's all about showing them the money.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: