• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

lmr 400

KingCobra_CDX882 said:
i was taking a .7Db loss of LMR400 and minising .195 Db loss of LDF5-50A (at 30MHZ)

equaling just over .5 Db additional loss in LMR400 compared to LDF5-50A

OK but it is easier to just do total losses like 1.155 - 0.32175 = 0.83325 dB and be done with it.

That's why I posted the link to the people that should know.The people that actually make the stuff. ;)

I will admit to usuing the link you did in an earlier post and see that perhaps I should not have. Oh well it's close enough for CB work. :LOL:

QRN

I agree....i figured

OK but it is easier to just do total losses like 1.155 - 0.32175 = 0.83325 dB and be done with it.

would be too long numbers for most to understand

so at the loss figure of .83 @ 100W out of the transmitter that means that 82.5W is delivered to the feedpoint of the antenna. you're still paying $5.00 a foot extra to save only part of 17.5W.

or to demonstrate further just how insignificant the the loss is:

we could be talking about 10W out and 8.25W at the antenna, or 1W and 825 MW.

the return doesn't justify the expense. there's no appreciable anything. go figure the DOLLARS per WATT on that deal. did you say the run was about 165'? so you spent $825.00 (not including connectors) to do what exactly? let's just say for arguments sake that you saved the entire 17.5W. that's about $47.14 per watt, only problem is you paid even more than that, connectors and all.

i dis agree

seems to me...
when i when to heliax
i heard better then i had ever on LMR400

also good were any and all interference

but again
to eaches own

i like ladder line
it is cheep and great lack of losses
but it has its problems as well

heliax works for me

dxChat