• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Local channel in your area.

There is No Locale CB talk around here lately. Even The local natural gas line worker talk has dried up. Even when you get next to Interstate 81 you seldom hear truckers ask for more than a radio check. If it wasn't for the skip rolling the air would be quite! I even took my hand held GMRS radio down to Scranton PA the other day when I went there and put it in scan mode to check it out and found very little activity on the air.

Last edited:
I think the only locals I hear are maybe a few local truckers. I think Wegmans drivers use 23, though it's been a while. Used to be channel 31 and 14 around here, I still have some recordings from the 90's. I live about 1/4 mile from I90, so I usually keep an HT on 19 in my computer room to listen.

Reactions: whiteastro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.