• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

lol

For the family that charcoal grills . . indoors.

Serious note: Reading Alien Applegate posts on QRZ the other day: Vehicle Fire propensity high with use of cigar lighter to power devices. I’ve seen quite a few burnt cars this past year while OTR. Sudden fun. (One sad fellow roadside in Ohio after fire out. His face told the story: ain’t got the coverage or cash for another one).

Been telling neighbors that the use of space heaters the Numero Uno cause of RV fires. (Too cheap to buy adequate propane). Turn on furnace to 60F and space heater ONLY where you are. 750W, not 1500W setting. This urban campground full with Lockheed contract workers (F35), retirees and disabled. Nuts like me.

RVs cheap till they’re not. I usually also ask about the bedroom emergency exit which too many are unaware of or unable to use.

What fire extinguisher for electrical we won’t go into.

Last edited:
For the family that charcoal grills . . indoors.

Serious note: Reading Alien Applegate posts on QRZ the other day: Vehicle Fire propensity high with use of cigar lighter to power devices. I’ve seen quite a few burnt cars this past year while OTR. Sudden fun. (One sad fellow roadside in Ohio after fire out. His face told the story: ain’t got the coverage or cash for another one).

Been telling neighbors that the use of space heaters the Numero Uno cause of RV fires. (Too cheap to buy adequate propane). Turn on furnace to 60F and space heater ONLY where you are. 750W, not 1500W setting. This urban campground full with Lockheed contract workers (F35), retirees and disabled. Nuts like me.

RVs cheap till they’re not. I usually also ask about the bedroom emergency exit which too many are unaware of or unable to use.

What fire extinguisher for electrical we won’t go into.

Actually, the number one is the rv refrigerator, they are ammonia chillers. They rust out and catch fire.

The propane heat in mine is like dragons breath and will run you out. Cant breathe, snot block gets jammed up. Use the ceramic tower stand with oscillating fan centrally. If colder the oil filled gets used in the back.

Electric power is much cheaper than propane. I only barbeque inside occasionally, but that charcoal and lighter fluid smell is hard to get out, febreeze cant kill it. o_O

Actually, the number one is the rv refrigerator, they are ammonia chillers. They rust out and catch fire.

The propane heat in mine is like dragons breath and will run you out. Cant breathe, snot block gets jammed up. Use the ceramic tower stand with oscillating fan centrally. If colder the oil filled gets used in the back.

Electric power is much cheaper than propane. I only barbeque inside occasionally, but that charcoal and lighter fluid smell is hard to get out, febreeze cant kill it. o_O

Have an RV tech with EXPENSIVE diagnostic tools check that furnace. Could be a board problem with thermostat.

“Used to be” the reefer is my understanding. Since 2009 the number of Americans living full-time in part-time RVs has exploded (and they’ll ditch the expensive 3-way reefer for an electric China-made cheapie.

Same with window A/C mounted where it can’t be supported (cinder blocks & painters poles have multi-task abilities).

To cover the charcoal smell you must:

1). Steal & butcher a few goats from neighbors during full moon.
Baste liberally with curry while smoking.

2). Switch over from Lone Star to Mezcal.

3) Soak all washables in a tin wash bucket in the kitchen with a liberal amount of LESTOIL.

4). And . . . . KINGSFORD, only, hombre.

they’ll ditch the expensive 3-way reefer for an electric China-made cheapie
Yup! Mine bit the dust, finally. Could be the board, but don't really care....went to Home Depot and got me a bigger elect Chinese made reefer. Jus gotta find time to modify the hole and support. Currently out there on front porch loaded with Lonestar. Damn, that means I have empty it before install. I'll never get that project finished.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.